My name is Monica, and yes, I’m a recovering corporate workaholic. I finally realized one day that the corporate world was literally killing me. The stress, the long hours and the total void of down time was crushing my soul.
So I changed all that. Completely.
I decided to leave my job – and my husband. Although it took some time to completely exit from my job, I made the decision internally to seek a professional path that led to more money and more freedom. I was ready to do something really big that could genuinely make an impact on the world.
This change didn’t come easy. I’m not one of those rah-rah types who can get out there and network till the cows come home. I’m an introvert and I need time alone to recharge my batteries. I knew I needed a different path to success than most had taken.
I started looking for clues.
I started looking for the things that energized me and made me feel like my body and soul were actually aligned.
One clue was essential oils. I hadn’t even heard of them until my friend Louise brought me a sample. That’s all it took. Right away I felt a deeper connection to a place of mindfulness and spirituality. Where there had been chaos, I suddenly felt a deep calm. It was amazing!
I soon incorporated essential oils into everything I did – from managing stress to planning for the future. I even replaced all of the toxic chemicals I’d been using for housecleaning, make-up, you name it, and switched over to only all-natural products.
I was definitely on a better path.
I then moved to Portland, married my best friend, and left the corporate world for good. What a relief.
Today, I’m an entrepreneur, a life coach, and a team leader for Young Living Essential Oils. I empower other women to overcome their fears, trust their inner voice, and feel more confident – all of the things you need to experience pure joy and an unshakeable sense of you.
All because I took that first leap.
- I believe love is always the answer
- I believe we are capable of far more than we know
- I believe change is scary but necessary
- I believe walking on the beach can heal anything
- I believe we must hug ourselves every morning
- I believe a cup of steaming chai tea can soothe the soul
- I believe essential oils reconnect us with our spirit
- I believe true joy comes from the 6-year-old inside us
- I believe spending time with animals helps us be more human
- I believe in unicorns and creating our own everyday magic
- I believe our intuition will light the path ahead of us
A few more tidbits so you can really know who I am.
- I adore my dogs. They started their lives as lonely shelter dogs, but now they bounce around our home with love and happiness.
- My favorite shoes are my black polka-dotted boots. They’re like galoshes – you know the kind that let you splash through puddles but keep you dry and comfy?
- I have naturally curly hair that’s crazy and unpredictable. When I want to feel controlled, I straighten it. But most of the time I just let it go wild.
- I’m armed to the teeth with degrees. I’ve got a Masters Degree in Management and Organizational Leadership, a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, and I graduated from an MBA Foundations Program. I love business – but I love people more.
- I’m certified to the hilt. I’m a certified Aroma Freedom Technique (AFT) Practitioner, a certified Clinical Health Coach (CHC), and a certified Life Coach.
- I just completed an extensive Resiliency/Transform Certification Program, led by Dr. Amit Sood from the Mayo Clinic.
- I’ve worn a lot of professional hats. I’ve been a healthcare executive, I managed a national non-profit, I owned a real estate brokerage, and I still do some consulting on the side. You could say I keep busy!
Want to read some of my writings?
I love to write. In addition to my blog posts, you can read my work on Huffington Post, Plum Deluxe, Startup Nation, and Elephant Journal. Read more.
Please read terms and conditions for more information about the site. LifeOhm is an Amazon affiliate and also occasionally links to other affiliate products and services. All opinions are my own.