Have you ever thought about how your clutter might be holding you back? We all have “stuff” but clutter keeps you from moving forward in your life, leaves you feeling guilty, and makes you feel overwhelmed.
- Boxes of things you packed away because you don’t want to deal with them,
- Items you only keep because they were a gift, inherited, or because you feel you “have to”,
- Clothes in your closet that still have the tags, don’t fit, or that you never wear,
- Items stored out of fear you may one day need them again, although you haven’t used them in more than a year,
- Electronic clutter such as an overflowing inbox, and
- Multiples of the same item.
The list could go on and on but what it comes down to is that clutter includes any item that doesn’t bring you joy or enhance your life in some way. Clutter takes up space in our lives and our homes creating unnecessary stress and chaos, and makes it more difficult for us to take care of ourselves and the people we care about.