Do you want to learn how to kick toxic chemicals out of your home? I’ll walk you through step by step and give easy, simple, and affordable tactics that anyone can do with the best essential oils on the planet. This class is totally FREE and will blow your mind!
Did you know that the average person applies 80 chemicals before breakfast? These are in our hair, make-up, skincare, and soap products. And we wonder why our livers are taxed and we are tired and have hormonal issues! That’s the YUCK in our lives. We are in a constant chemical exhaustion. There is a better way. Learn how to use essential oils for your own wellness plan and support all of your body’s systems naturally.
You can also join our Facebook group to learn more about a Chemical Free Lifestyle. We’ll go through, step-by-step to share information and solutions that will help you reduce the number of chemicals you use, while also improving your health and wellness.
Chemical Free Facebook Group:
Register for this class at:
Did you know the average woman uses 300 chemicals per day? YIKES. That may sound like a lot but when you read the label on a single product, the list of chemicals is often lengthy.
These chemicals are in our beauty products, soaps, shampoos, and more. Not to mention the chemicals we encounter in cleaning products, food, and in the air. It’s no wonder many of us feel taxed and depleted, we’re experiencing chemical overload. What chemicals are in your products? Check out this handy list.
Moving from our known beauty routines to a more natural lifestyle can sometimes feel overwhelming. We’ve used some of these products for many, many years. But you’re not alone in this process. Join me and many others on this journey in my Facebook Group: Chemical Free 2017. You can also sign up for my free e-mail course. We’ll be taking it step-by-step and tackling fun new challenges each month, learning more about chemicals and healthier alternatives, and providing encouragement and support.
In this group, we’ll share how to create your own DIY products using inexpensive ingredients such as vinegar, baking soda, coconut oil, olive oil, essential oils, and more to make our own low-cost, healthier products. We’ll also share pre-made non-toxic products in case you’d prefer convenience. We’ll share experiences, best practices, and recommendations.
Here’s a list of areas we’ll be tackling by month:
- February: Cleaning Products
- March: Beauty / Self-Care Products
- April: Around the Home
- May: Food
- June: Children’s Products
- July: Yard & Outdoor Products
- August: Supplements
- September: Workplace
- October: Pet Products
- November: Chemical-Free Holiday Gift Ideas
- December: Ways to Celebrate
Change happens one step at a time and you don’t have to do it all at once! We’ll take this journey together finding fun and healthy alternatives to chemical-filled yuck!
Is it possible to eliminate every toxin in your life? Of course not. However, you control what crosses the threshold into your home. You control what soaps, shampoos, cleaning chemicals, and food ingredients come into your home and into your body. Take charge of 2017 and take a stand for your family’s health and wellness. Let’s do this!
Join us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chemicalfree2017/.
25 Ways You Are Poisoning Yourself Before Breakfast
Have you ever stopped to think about all of the chemicals we use on a daily basis? Chemical additives are in the air fresheners we breathe, the beauty and cleaning products we use, and in the perfumes and colognes we spray. Not to mention the chemicals in the food we eat. While these chemicals might be considered harmless in small amounts, what is the impact of these chemicals when they’re mixed together? And how does exposure to these chemicals day after day, year after year affect our bodies and our health?
We know that many chemicals are associated with negative health effects. This is why there’s a growing movement back to more natural food and products. At my house, we began the switch many years ago by buying organic and non-GMO foods whenever possible, buying natural health and beauty products or making our own, and using essential oils.
Which of these products do you use in your household? Check the list below to see the known chemicals and negative side effects associated with those chemicals.
|Product||Known Chemicals (See list below for known negative side effects)|
|1. Air Freshener||1,4,7,8|
|2. Bath Soap||3,4..5..6..7..8|
|5. Skin Lotion||1,3,4,5,6,7,8|
|6. Shaving Cream||3,4,8|
|8. Rash/Acne Cream||1,3,4,5,6,7,8|
|13. Hair Spray||4,7|
|17. Sanitary Napkins||4,7|
|19. Facial Cleanser||3,4,8|
|20. Nail Polish||4,5,7,8|
|21. Mattress & Pillow||4,7|
|23. Fabric Softener||3,4,5,7|
|24. Chlorine Bleach||1,2|
|25. Dry Cleaning||1,7|
Here are just a few of these chemicals and the negative health effects that have been associated with them:
- Alcohols: Acid & Alkali: rashes, muscle weakness, headaches, dizziness, nerve damage, vision problems, sleeping problems, stomach cramps, disorientation, depression, coughing, respiratory problems, anemia, organ damage, fatigue, heart damage, cancer, death.
- Chlorines: headaches, mental function difficulties, pulmonary edemas and heart disease, anemia, diabetes, gastrointestinal and urinary tract cancer, organ and gland cancer, severe eye problems, immune system breakdown, and more.
- Detergents/Emulsifiers: strip skin of protective oils, skin irritation, scalp eruptions, interference with nutrient absorption, hair loss, allergic reaction, cataract formation, organ damage, reproductive damage, blindness, cancer.
- Synthetic Fragrance & Dyes: allergic reactions, skin rashes, stomach upsets, muscular aches and pains, violent coughing and sneezing, irritability, vertigo, hyperactivity, convulsions, emotional and behavioral problems, Leukemia, Hodgkin’s, ADD, multiple tumors, reproductive damage, headaches, dizziness, organ damage, depression, cancer.
- Heavy Metals: Abdominal cramps, nausea, muscle weakness, mouth sores; muscle, joint, and bone pain; cancer, motor difficulties, immune disorders.
- Pesticides & Fungicides: Flu-like symptoms (fatigue, muscle and joint pain), stomach cramps, nervous system disorders, insomnia, memory loss, swelling of body parts, dizziness, genetic mutations, birth defects, gland tumors, organ damage, cancers, death.
- Petrochemicals: inhibit skin functions, pimples, rashes, splitting nails, sensitivity to sun, headaches, premature aging, allergic reactions, depression, fatigue, intestinal gas, asthma, respiratory failure, and immune system disorders.
- Preservatives (synthetic): headaches, skin rashes, eye damage, asthma, respiratory problems, tumors, cancer, digestive problems, mental confusion, organ damage, muscle weakness & cramps, loss of motor control, joint pain, reproductive damage, etc.
Source: The Politics of Poison by Nina G. Silver, Ph.D., 2000.
Download the Printable Version of: 25 Ways You Are Poisoning Yourself Before Breakfast
Can you begin to decrease the number of chemicals you use each day in your beauty and home cleaning products? Share your suggestions below and also check back to www.LifeOhm.com for recipes, tips, and tricks to help you live a healthier chemical-free lifestyle. You can also join my free Facebook group: Chemical Free 2017.
Imagine reaching your full potential, having a successful career, being happy, and living the life of your dreams. What does that look like? How would that feel? What steps do you need to take to make that dream a reality?
It is possible to live the life of your dreams. In my free eBook, Design Your Dream Life, I talk about the importance of creating a clear vision for your life and being as specific as possible with how you would feel. I also discuss how to create a plan, and the importance of taking the right actions to help you get there.
How Visual Tools Help You Reach Your Goals
The use of visual tools, including vision boards, mind maps, and dream charts can be very helpful in designing and achieving your dream life. They activate the creative right-side of your brain and help you see new possibilities. Visual tools also help create an optimistic, positive mindset that is helpful in changing your habits and behaviors into positive ones that will help you reach your goals.
Author Patti Dobrowolski created a visual tool that is perfect for this, and shared it in her book, Drawing Solutions: How Visual Goal Setting Will Change Your Life. I had the privilege of meeting Patti recently, and attended one of her workshops. I’m giving away one signed copy of Patti’s book to a lucky reader. (See details at the bottom of this post) [Read more…] about 7 Steps to Reaching Your Goals with Visual Goal Setting
LifeOhm.com Turns Two Years Old Today!
While I’ve been blogging for more than six years, my favorite project, LifeOhm, is now two years old!