Increasing Harmony In Your Life Brings Peace and Happiness
When we live in harmony with our authentic selves and align our work, habits, relationships, money, thoughts, and actions with our true values, we experience a greater sense of peace and happiness in every aspect of our lives. We are able to achieve things that before, we could only dream about.
When we’re not in harmony in these areas, we experience more fear, feelings of lack and limitation, restlessness, doubt, and dissatisfaction with our lives. Over time, this causes a strain on our health, our relationships, our sense of well being, our careers, and keeps us from achieving our full potential. Living in harmony is a practice – it’s a conscious choice of how we want to live.
Some of the greatest writers and philosophers have pondered a life lived in harmony. Here are some of their best quotes on the topic. What is your favorite quote or thought on harmony? Please share it in the comments below.
1. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
3. “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.” ~ Thomas Merton
4. “Truth is always in harmony with herself, and is not concerned chiefly to reveal the justice that may consist with wrong-doing.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
5. “Faith and love are apt to be spasmodic in the best minds. Men live the brink of mysteries and harmonies into which they never enter, and with their hands on the door-latch they die outside.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Happiness is mental harmony; unhappiness is mental inharmony.” ~James Allen
7. “When we feel, a kind of lyric is sung in our heart. When we think, a kind of music is played in our mind. In harmony, both create a beautiful symphony of life.” ~Toba Beta
8. “The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence.” ~ Rabindranath Tagore
9. “One must marry one’s feelings to one’s beliefs and ideas. That is probably the only way to achieve a measure of harmony in one’s life.” ~ Napoleon Hill
10. “The hidden harmony is better than the obvious.” ~ Pablo Picasso
11. “A wise woman recognizes when her life is out of balance and summons the courage to act to correct it, she knows the meaning of true generosity, happiness is the reward for a life lived in harmony, with a courage and grace.” ~ Suze Orman
12. “Harmony makes small things grow, lack of it makes great things decay.” ~ Sallust
13. “Happiness exists on earth, and it is won through prudent exercise of reason, knowledge of the harmony of the universe, and constant practice of generosity.” ~ Jose Marti
14. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” ~Anatole France
15. “The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being that places harmony in one’s life.” ~Peace Pilgrim
16. “Each and every master, regardless of the era or the place, heard the call and attained harmony with heaven and earth. There are many paths leading to the top of Mount Fuji, but there is only one summit – love.” ~ Morihei Ueshiba
17. “Harmony is one phase of the law whose spiritual expression is love.” ~James Allen
18. “The way of the Creative works through change and transformation, so that each thing receives its true nature and destiny and comes into permanent accord with the Great Harmony: this is what furthers and what perseveres.” ~Alexander Pope
19. “I am fascinated by what is beautiful, strong, healthy, what is living. I seek harmony.” ~Leni Riefenstahl
20. “Harmony is pure love, for love is a concerto.” ~Lope de Vega
21. ““I tried to discover, in the rumor of forests and waves, words that other men could not hear, and I pricked up my ears to listen to the revelation of their harmony.” ~Gustave Flaubert
What is your favorite quote or thought on harmony? Please share it in the comments below.